Work experience at PORR
Get to know us: taster days on the construction sites
Perhaps you would like to get a personal impression of a normal day at a construction site? We offer the chance for you to complete a taster apprenticeship. This takes between five days and four weeks and gives you an initial impression of what it feels like to be part of the PORR team. During this period you will get interesting insights into one of Austria’s largest construction companies, have the opportunity to learn more about your vocation of choice, and get to ask the pros on the construction site lots of questions. And if this makes your enthusiasm for PORR even greater, then we look forward to welcoming you soon as one of our new colleagues.
How does the taster experience work?
- If you are in school and at least 14 years old (grade 8 and over), you can apply for a work experience placement.
- You will complete the taster experience during your school education; it is organised by the school and held during school hours.
- Your school decides on the length of the placement. During this time you will be supported by us.
- Pupils are insured by the school.
- There is no remuneration during this period, but there is an array of new impressions and initial work experience.
- The taster days can be completed from March to June and September to November.
- Do you still have questions? You can find the contact details below. We are available for you from Monday to Thursday from 8.00 to 14.00 and on Friday from 8.00 to 12.00.
Does that sound exciting? Then make sure you are quick to secure a place for your taster experience at PORR. Please send us your enquiry at least four weeks before the desired start date.
Four steps towards a taster placement: